This Month's Style of Stars: Marion Cotillard's Side-swept Ponytail
- Marion Cotillard knows all the twists and turns. At the Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes she showed off her neat sideways ponytail creation
- © Getty Images
Once again, Marion Cotillard tried her hand on a nifty hairstyle and hit the mark! Her styling certainly gets our votes. While attending the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, the charismatic French actress sported a side-swept ponytail. The front of her hair seemed undone, while her long dark hair was artfully swept sideways and woven into a ponytail. The artfully gathered side ponytail is however very easy to style. We show you how you can do it with ease
- At the 2008 Oscar Awards, Marion Cotillard celebrated one of the highpoints of her career. She received the Oscar Best Actress Award for her performance in "La Vie en Rose" (Life in Pink)
- © Getty Images
Marion Cotillard is a beautiful sight to behold. She does not only have special appeal but also dazzles with her well-chosen wardrobe and fantastic hairstyles. The French actress is great in many different roles and masters all aspects of her life including her choice of roles. She starred in Christopher Nolan's "Inception" side by side with Leonardo DiCaprio and in Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" with Johnny Depp. Steven Soderbergh ("Contagion") and Woody Allen ("Midnight in Paris") asked her to participate in their projects. Marion Cotillard received the 2008 Best Actress Oscar award for playing the role of Edith Piaf in "La Vie en Rose".
Marion Cotillard's Side-swept Ponytail
Marion Cotillard's decided on a casual look for the opening night of her movie "De Rouille et D'os" ("Rust and Bone") in Cannes. Her wavy side ponytail with middle parting may look sophisticated but is in fact very easy to style. The special feature is in the woven strands, which end in the open ponytail.
We are going to show you how to weave the strands of your hair into an open side ponytail. It is really not difficult at all.
How to Style Marion Cotillard's Side-swept Ponytail
1. Wash your hair with extra-gloss shampoo and work styling mousse through the hair ends. Then brush or comb your hair before blow-drying your hair until it is almost dry. Keep running your fingers through your hair from the roots to the ends while blow-drying to create a casual appearance.
2. Create an exact middle parting.
3. If your hair is not naturally wavy use a curling iron or large curlers to produce large curls or waves from shoulder-length down. Simply apply heat protectant before rolling up your hair. Blow-dry the rolled up hair and allow it to cool. Remove the curlers or the curling iron. Apply some hair wax to your fingers before running them through your hair to keep the waves casual.
4. Now style the ponytail: Separate your hair into two large strands in the neck. Pull the right strand of hair up and twist it around its axis once. Secure this strand in the centre back of your head with hairpins. Allow the hair to fall straight down.
Then fold the left strand of hair inward two or three times and pull it over the right strand of hair to the right ear. Secure the twisted strand of hair in the neck with hidden hairpins.
Pull the ponytail over the right shoulder and accentuate individual ponytail ends with hair wax.
5. Apply hairspray for additional hold.